French Buyers' Info
Property Types in France
Property Restrictions for Foreigners
Purchase Process and Costs
Advantages of Buying a Newbuild Property
VAT Rebate for Rented Properties
Buying in the Name of a Company
Rental Income and Running Costs
Investment and Selling
Annual Property Taxes
Staying in France and French Residency
What is the payment schedule for a new build property?
New build properties will tend to be funded through stage payments laid out in the VEFA. Commonly the schedule will look as below.
- 5% paid as the initial deposit
- 30% of the total price when the foundations have been laid
- 35% of the total price when the property is weatherproof
- 25% of the total price when construction is complete
- 5 %of the total price on receipt of the keys
If you are taking a mortgage, you pay the first instalments and then bank will pay the remaining instalments. When you receive the keys you have one month in which to take possession of your property and report any faults to the developer.
Sign Up for Latest Updates