Investors in Property Logo Investors in Property Logo

Can I pay in pounds or dollars when buying property in Austria?

The property must be paid for in Euros.

The best way to transfer money from other currencies into Euros would be to use a dedicated foreign exchange broker. The benefit of working with a specialist foreign exchange partner is that they offer better rates than the main banks and, as they are specialists, they can advise you on buying currency forward. 

We are happy to recommend a number of good foreign exchange brokers with whom we have worked for many years.

Information correct as of 1st January 2024. This may change as rules and regulations change often, so please contact us directly if you have any specific enquiries.